Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Being Someone's Champion

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are the only one standing." This is a quote I have hanging up in my classroom. We reference it often throughout the year. We talk about putting yourself in front of something you believe in, even if you are alone and different than the rest of the crowd, is how you "champion" a cause or belief. We talk about how that looks at a 10 year old level. How students should respond to bullying, cheating, meanness, and general bad behavior that requires a champion. This is how I teach children to champion for others.

I find that being a champion for others may look different for me. Although it still has to do with standing up against bad behavior, it also has to do with being an encourager and lifting people up. Not only students, but teachers as well. To be a champion means to be there when people need you, be someone to count on.


No comments:

Post a Comment