Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Eve of Greatness

As I sit in my classroom today, on the eve of getting the iPads, I have to ponder everything I have taken in over the last two days. My fingers have been flying over the keys to input things into google forms, set up google drive, and practicing with notability and explain everything on my instructing iPad. I think I have a plan for what I would like to begin with...how to start, but I am just on pins and needles with the waiting.

Some moments are filled with warm anticipation, and other moments a prickly anxiety for all that can go awry.  I know there is an amazing network of support waiting to assist in this new venture, and for that I am eternally grateful. It doesn't seem to ease the roller coaster of emotion on this day or so before the iPads arrive.

In my mind I have set up expectations for my dream 1:1 iPad classroom and I know it is going to take time to get there. But as with all human nature, I am impatient. I continue to plug away at things that I know are going to prepare me and my students, to put myself ahead of the game, but there is so much I don't know and it is difficult not to fret some about that.

I guess today I am an emotional mess. Excited, thrilled, anxious, nervous, unprepared, brimming with enthusiasm and passion, scared of unknown. YIKES! I guess the only thing to do is carry on and when they finally arrive, dive in! The eve of greatness is upon me, and I will deal and thrive! Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment